About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Journal "Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News" (Online ISSN 2521-151X, Print ISSN 2218-9300) is addressed to researchers and technical experts interested in water quality, water management and water treatment issues. It publishes original researches on water quality standards and analysis, drinking and process water treatment, waste water treatment and reuse, management of water resources and sustainable development in water sector.
Journal was established by National Technical University of Ukraine "Kiev Polytechnic Institute" and Ukrainian Professional Water Society in 2010.
Authors are highly encouraged to submit manuscripts only in English.
International editorial board of the Journal will provide impartial peer-reviewing of submitted articles according with Journal thematic scope and following editorial ethic rules.
Subscription to paper version is available online as well as desired issues can be ordered directly from the editorial office.
Frequency of the Journal: 3 issues per year.
Journal is approved by the Department of Qualification, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The journal is abstracted and/or indexed in Google Scholar, Ulrih's Periodicals Directory, Copernicus (master list).
Since 2018 the journal accepts articles in English ONLY
Peer Review Process
1. All manuscripts received by the Journal undergo compulsory review procedure
2. When assigned a new submission, the executive secretary checks the one for its completeness and adherence to the Author Guidelines. Our journal will first check the plagiarism of a manuscript by using UniCheck after it is submitted. The high level of similarity could cause the manuscript rejection (we read the whole paper and check which part is taken from other papers).
3. Journal follows double-blind reviewing system when referees and authors do not know the names of each other
4. Two reviews from different referees will be requested on every article
5. To conduct peer review of articles reviewers may be as members of the editorial board as well as scientists and experts from other organizations
6. Terms of peer review in each case will be determined by the editor in order to condition the fastest possible publication of the article
7. Peer review is confidential, except the statements about the unreliability of the reviewer or the falsification of materials included to the article
8. If necessary, article can be sent to the author for revision and must be returned in corrected from within a month
9. Article which is not recommended by the reviewer, cannot be a subject for reconsideration
10. The positive review is not sufficient ground for the publication of article. Final decision in each case is provided by the editorial board of the Journal
11. Editorial board will inform the Author about positive or negative decision on publication
Open access policy
"Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News" is an open access journal. All articles are free for users to access, read, download, and print. By "open access", we mean free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles or use them for any other lawful purpose.
All issues of the journal (both electronic and printed versions) are provided to Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine.
The author can self-archive pdf-documents of journal papers or preprints on any web resources.
Article correction and retraction policy
Consideration of the issue of making changes to a published article is initiated in the following cases:
- the revealed fact of violation of the authors' assurances regarding the existence of a conflict of interest can be corrected, the basis for which is solely the consent of the party that has declared the presence of a conflict of interest and has made reasonable claims in relation to this to the authors of the published article. The validity of the claim assumes the presence of proven facts and arguments regarding the actual existence of a conflict of interest;
- the revealed fact of inaccuracies in the information about the authors in the list of authors;
- an error has been identified in the results or research methodology, which can mislead potential readers and users of the article, which can lead to negative consequences from the use of the results or the inability to obtain / reproduce them.
Initiation of the initiation of an investigation into the need to retract a publication is carried out if the editors received substantiated evidence of the authors' misconduct in the course of the research and preparation of the manuscript. In doing so, editors are guided by the principles of objectivity and impartiality.
Publication retraction is possible if:
- facts of manipulation are discovered at the stage of reviewing manuscripts;
- fact of violation by the authors of assurances regarding the existence of a conflict of interest is established;
- fact of violation by authors of ethical standards in the process of research, preparation of a manuscript, implementation by the publisher of the rules for publishing an article.
Publications in the journal "Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News" are free of charge.
Publisher of the journal «Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News» supports the principles of publication ethics and recognizes the principles developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics.
The journal «Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News» expects that editors, authors, and reviewers will observe high standards with respect to publication ethics.
In issuing the journal, we abide by the relevant laws and regulations for the protection of intellectual property rights and copyrights.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
Authors must adhere to high standards with respect to publication ethics, remain in good communication with the editor(s), the publisher and any co-authors. Authors should refrain from misrepresenting research results which could damage the trust in the journal, the professionalism of scientific authorship, and ultimately the entire scientific endeavor.
We consider unacceptable:
1. Plagiarism (and self-plagiarism) in whole or in part without proper citation. All citations must be properly formatted in accordance with the requirements described in the section for Authors Guidelines. An author must guarantee his submission is original, owned by the author, that no part of it has been previously published (partly or in full), and that no other agreement to publish it or a part of it is outstanding. The manuscript must not be under consideration elsewhere.
2. Falsification or fabrication of data. No data have been fabricated or manipulated (including images) to support conclusions. Fabrication, falsification or selective reporting of data with the intent to mislead or deceive is unethical, as is the theft of data or research results from others. If an author uses secondary data (datasets gathered by someone else), he need to obtain copyright clearance before data can be reproduced (exceptions exist under the fair dealing concept).
3. Misappropriation of others’ work. All the contributors to an article are to be included and all acknowledgments should be up-to-date. An author(s) should acknowledge the work of others used in the research and cite publications that have influenced the direction and course of the study.
4. The deliberate exclusion of information regarding financial support that would be viewed as a conflict of interest. An author should openly to disclose any conflict of interest – for example, if publication were to benefit a company or services in which the author(s) has a vested interest.
The manuscript should be approved by all co-authors and responsible authorities at the institute or organization where the work has been carried out.
When authors discover a serious error in their work, they must report this to the Managing Editor as soon as possible in order to modify the work, withdraw it, retract it, or publish a correction or erratum notice.
Allegations of unethical conduct will be discussed initially with the corresponding author. In the event of continued dispute, the matter will be referred to the author's institution and funding agencies for investigation.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors
The Editorial Board of the journal «Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News» should continuously work to improve the Journal.
Members of the Editorial Board are required to ensure the confidentiality of all manuscripts received and of their content until they have been accepted for publication. Editors must not share information about manuscripts, including whether they have been received and are under review, their content and status in the review process, criticism by reviewers, and their ultimate fate, to anyone other than the authors and reviewers.
In addition, no member of the Editorial Board may use data, lines of reasoning or interpretations in unpublished manuscripts for his or her own research, except with the authors’ express written consent.
Our Editors should decline to use reviewers who submit reports that are of poor quality, erroneous or disrespectful, or that are delivered after the agreed deadline.
Editors should not publish or publicize peer-reviewers’ comments without permission of the reviewer and author. Our journal policy is to blind authors to reviewer identity and comments are not signed. Due to this, identity must not be revealed to the author or anyone else without the reviewers’ expressed written permission.
Confidentiality may have to be breached if dishonesty or fraud is alleged, but editors should notify authors or reviewers if they intend to do so.
Editors should do all they can to ensure timely processing of manuscripts with the resources available to them. If editors intend to publish a manuscript, they should attempt to do so in a timely manner and any planned delays should be negotiated with the authors. If a journal has no intention of proceeding with a manuscript, editors should endeavor to reject the manuscript as soon as possible to allow authors to submit to a different journal.
Editors who make final decisions about manuscripts should recuse themselves from editorial decisions if they have conflicts of interest or relationships that pose potential conflicts related to articles under consideration. Other editorial staff members who participate in editorial decisions must provide editors with a current description of their financial interests or other conflicts (as they might relate to editorial judgments) and recuse themselves from any decisions in which a conflict of interest exists.
Allegations of unethical conduct will be discussed initially with the Editor. In the event of continued dispute, the matter will be referred to the Editor’s institution for investigation.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
Manuscripts submitted to the Journal are subject to mandatory peer-review. Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News expects that reviewers will observe high standards with respect to publication ethics.
Reviewers should only agree to review manuscripts for which they have the subject expertise required to carry out a proper assessment and which they can assess in a timely manner.
Reviewers are expected to respond promptly to requests to review and to submit reviews within the time agreed. Reviewers’ comments should be constructive, honest, and polite.
Reviewers should keep manuscripts, associated material, and the information they contain strictly confidential. Reviewers must not publicly discuss the authors’ work and appropriate authors’ ideas before the manuscript is published. Reviewers must not retain the manuscript for their personal use and should destroy paper copies of manuscripts and delete electronic copies after submitting their reviews.
Reviewers must disclose to editors any conflicts of interest that could bias their opinions of the manuscript, and should recuse themselves from reviewing specific manuscripts if the potential for bias exists. Reviewers must not use knowledge of the work they’re reviewing before its publication to further their own interests.
Reviewers should report any breach of publishing ethics they identify directly to the Editorial Office.
Allegations of unethical conduct will be discussed initially with the reviewer. In the event of continued dispute, the matter will be referred to the reviewer’s institution for investigation.
Dealing with Allegations of Misconduct
We take seriously all possible misconduct. If an editor has concerns that a submitted article describes something that might be considered to constitute misconduct in research, publication or professional behavior, we will discuss the case in confidence among our editorial team.
If the case cannot be resolved by discussion with the author(s) and the Editor still has concerns, the case may be reported to the appropriate authorities. If, during the course of reviewing an article, an editor is alerted to possible problems (for example, fraudulent data) in another publication, the editor should immediately alert the executive secretary here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Readers that suspect misconduct in a published article are encouraged to report this to the executive secretary here: email@example.com.
Since 1991 “Water and water purification technologies” Journal is being published in Ukraine. It was founded in order to supply professionals with new information about state of the art technologies for water treatment and modern approaches to improve water quality. For the time elapsed Journal achieved a high place in the Ukrainian information field focused on matters of the water sector: legislative and regulatory framework, water supply and sanitation, water quality, conventional and innovative technologies, advanced materials for water treatment. Number and specialization of readers has considerably enlarged over the past years and now includes not only industrial specialists but also scientific community.
Scientific and technical analysis of water treatment processes and their implementation was always in focus. Now the demands of our readers force us to create new issue entirely devoted to scientific aspects of water quality and purification. From 2010 all scientific publications are assigned to special issue "Water and water purification technologies. Scientific and technical news".
The founders of the specialized Journal are National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” and Ukrainian Water Society. The scientific board has been established by leading Ukrainian and foreign scientists in the field of water treatment.
Journal "Water&Water Purification Technologies. Scientific and Technical News" is addressed to researchers and technical experts interested in water quality, water management and water treatment issues. It publishes original researches on water quality standards and analysis, drinking and process water treatment, waste water treatment and reuse, management of water resources and sustainable development in water sector. Journal was established by National Technical University of Ukraine "Kiev Polytechnic Institute" and Ukrainian Professional Water Society in 2010. Authors are highly encouraged to submit manuscripts in English while Ukrainian languages are also acceptable.
International editorial board of the Journal will provide impartial peer-reviewing of submitted articles according with Journal thematic scope and following editorial ethic rules. Subscription to paper version is available online as well as desired issues can be ordered directly from the editorial office. Frequency of the Journal: 3 issues per year. Journal is approved by the Department of Qualification, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The journal is abstracted and/or indexed in Google Scholar, Ulrih's Periodicals Directory, Copernicus (master list). The journal is included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine, category "B".
Since 2018 the magazine accepts articles in English ONLY.